The MSE team provides a unique quality in that our electrical engineers have had extensive experience in the civil and transportation industries. This includes vast knowledge of highway lighting, area lighting, indoor lighting, power generation and distribution, systems’ protection, and network communications.
The expertise of the MSE team in the field of illumination is second to none. Our projects have included conventional roadway lighting, high mast lighting using both floodlight and standard luminaries, parking and area lighting for commercial buildings and rest areas, aesthetic floodlighting of bridge piers, security lighting at Ports and Airports, Sports lighting, lighting of fishing piers and walkways, indoor lighting for commercial buildings and schools, architectural lighting for neighborhoods and shopping malls, and specialized lighting techniques using light control in highways adjacent to airports. Our engineers are technically proficient in numerous lighting software packages including; 1) AGI, 2) GE Aladan, 3) CALA and 4) Auto-Lux. Along with proficiency is the design software, the MSE team has unparalleled knowledge and understanding of; 1) FDOT Design Standards, 2) FDOT Criteria and Plans Preparation Manual, 3) IES RP-8, 4) AASHTO’s An Informational Guide for Roadway Lighting, 5) FHWA’s Roadway Lighting Handbook, 5) IES Lighting Handbook, 6) AASHTO’s Standard Specifications for Structural Supports for Highway Signs, Luminaires, and Traffic Signals, and 7) National Electric Code.
The MSE team also contains a wealth of experience in electrical engineering, garnered by the wide range of projects our team has been involved with. Our projects in this area have included recreational facilities, parks, commercial buildings, rest areas, schools, water treatment plants, waste water treatment plants, and pump stations. MSE’s strength in this area lies in its knowledge of the applicable codes and criteria such as; 1) National Electrical Code, 2) National Electrical Safety Code, 3) Florida Building Code, and 4) Soares Book on Grounding. Our experienced team has also performed numerous electrical inspections and certifications for a wide range of electrical projects and clients.
- MIA Central Blvd (Miami-Dade Aviation Dept.) – Design of high mast lighting and landscape lighting for MIA’s major entrance.
- Port of Miami (Miami Dade County) – Design of Street Lighting for Port Blvd and Cruise Blvd. and design of three (3) parking lots lighting.
- City of Ft. Pierce – Lighting Design of numerous arteries throughout the City of Ft. Pierce including Orange Ave and Avenue D.
- Town of Palm Beach – Lighting Design of numerous arteries throughout the Town of Palm Beach including A1A, Royal Poinciana Avenue and Royal Palm Avenue.
- Miami Dade Transportation – Lighting Analysis of the entire Metro-Rail System Stations and Parking Garages.
- 97th Avenue (Miami Dade County) – Highmast and conventional lighting.
- SR 60 from I-95 to US-1 (FDOT IV) – Lighting Analysis and Street Lighting design.
- Merrill Barber & Roosevelt Bridges (FDOT IV) – Design of roadway and bridge lighting, bridge pier accent floodlighting, and fishing pier / pedestrian scale lighting.
- I-95 at CR 708, SR 714 and Indrio Rd (FDOT IV) – Design of high mast lighting systems and illumination using standard luminaries with cut-off optics, and design of underdeck lighting systems.
- SR 5 (US 1) Port St. Lucie (FDOT IV) – Design of highway lighting and power distribution using offset (expressway) luminaries with varying designs and vertical tilting angles.
- Doral Lakes Home Owners Association – Street Lighting Improvements.